Thursday, July 16, 2009

The final chapter

My beautiful sister, Deborah Jeneane (Taylor) Sticher, passed away this morning at 6 a.m.

My thanks to all those family and friends who embraced us with their love and prayers through this difficult time. A special thanks to the staff at Atlanta Hospice who showered my sister with comfort and care during her final weeks, days and hours. Not only did they do an amazing job, but they came to genuinely love and care for her. May I suggest anyone looking for a worth cause to which to donate, consider this fine group.

I don't know that I'll ever be able to discuss these last few days with anyone but my sisters who were there with me in Debbie's last hours, and although I miss her terribly I have to be comforted by the fact there are no more tubes and pills and pain. She was sweet and stubborn and God better be prepared for some head buttin' when Debbie gets to town.

No comments:

Post a Comment